- Tour Information
- Tour Plan
- Image Gallery
- Information and Conditions
- Similar Tours
- Accommodation in twin share or double room
- Beautifully illustrated souvenir map
- Breakfast included
- Drinks & Meals on Tours
- Entry to museums and activities as part of the itinerary
- Expert guided tours of important places and activities
- First class or best available hotels in the area
- Professionally guided tour
- Transport to & from hotel
- Adelaide City
- Grand Barossa Tour and World Class wine tastings
- Two course lunch at Barossa Chateau
- Haigh’s Chocolate factory
- Botanic Gardens, churches and history
Our Adelaide Package includes the following:
- Return airport transfers via private Limousine
- 2 nights accommodation in Adelaide city
- Adelaide – City Tour
- Grand Barossa Tour with Tastings, sensory experience and 2 course lunch
Adelaide is bursting with fun and festivity
Adelaide is one of those cities that is just the perfect size: large enough to have character, culture and services, yet still small and regional enough to offer the experience of running into real locals. A well planned and set out city, it is easy to get around on foot. Catch a tram (streetcar) to the seaside suburb of Glenelg. Enjoy lunch looking out over the Gulf St Vincent, and walk on one of the excellent city beaches of the area. Architecturally, Adelaide is a gem: many of the houses lining its streets have a very distinctive sandstone, brick and bluestone combination of building materials that show off a distinct Adelaide character.
The name is derived from the Barossa Ranges which enclose the 13 km (8 mi) by 15 km (9 mi) Valley. About 60 Kms (40 miles) to the north of Adelaide City, is best accessed on any of the excellent day tours if you are not driving yourself and staying up among the vineyards. If you are interested in wines and wine production, the Barossa Valley will give you a very good look at Australian Viticulture.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
Arrival in Adelaide
On arrival you will be transferred to your accommodation with a local limousine. You then have the day to yourself, why not explore Adelaide? Take a walk through one of the beautiful parks, try the local cuisine or do a spot of shopping at Rundle Mall.
Grand Barossa Tour
Travel through North Adelaide and view the grand and historic homesteads, then travel through the Adelaide plains. Approach the Barossa Valley through the Seppeltsfield Estate, where you will enjoy wine tasting at this historic winery, which offers Ports dating back 100 years and more.
Visit Jacobs Creek winery for wine tasting, a tour of the wine centre and a 'Sensory Experience' to learn about the different bouquet of wines. Learn the winemaking process on a guided 'behind the scenes' tour with a tutored wine tasting. Enjoy a two course lunch at Barossa Chateau, followed by a tour of the Hermann Thumm Collection in the Chateau's private museum.
Enjoy further wine tasting, then a chance to see and experience the Whispering Wall of the Barossa Reservoir. Travel through the Adelaide Hills dotted with quaint villages to Hahndorf, Australia's oldest German settlement. Enjoy free time to walk and browse along the Elm-lined main street, see quaint cottages, inns, craft shops and galleries.
Return to Adelaide via the delightful village of Bridgewater.
Adelaide - City Tour
With a vibrant culture built on world famous festivals, food and wine, Adelaide is an elegant city with a rich past and a passion for fine living. Its historic buildings, gardens and wide boulevards and parklands make the city unique. See highlights including Victoria Square, cosmopolitan Gouger Street, King William Street and Rundle Mall. View Parliament House, the State Library and Trinity Church, Adelaide's oldest church, and trendy Hutt Street.
Visit the famous Haigh's Chocolate factory to enjoy a brief tour, a complimentary tea or coffee and some chocolate samples. Stop at St Peter's Cathedral and Adelaide Oval and then see panoramic views over Adelaide from Colonel Light's lookout on Montefiore Hill. See the Botanic Gardens and North Adelaide's grand and historic stately homes.
Today a Limousine will transport you back to Adelaide airport for your departure.
More about this tour
Valid for 01APR19-31MAR20:
- Packages are fixed and cannot be amended.
- Additional nights available at regular tariffed rates.
- All bookings are on request.
- Tours do not operate on Christmas Day and some tours may not operate on Public Holidays.
- For individual service details and conditions, please refer to the tariff.
Rates and Taxes:
- Rates include 10% GST (Goods and Services Tax) and are quoted in Australian Dollars (AUD).
- Rates are per room per package.
- Rates may increase without notice due to changes in, or imposition of government charges, taxes or levies.
- For further details refer to the Info Section on the tariff.
- Child: 3-11 years inclusive - child rates apply.
- A fee of 50% of the total cost will be charged for bookings cancelled 7 days or less prior to travel.
- Vouchers are included in this package at no additional cost.