- Tour Information
- Tour Plan
- Image Gallery
- Information and Conditions
- Similar Tours
- Accommodation in twin share or double room
- Beautifully illustrated souvenir map
- Breakfast included
- Drinks & Meals on Tours
- Entry to museums and activities as part of the itinerary
- Expert guided tours of important places and activities
- First class or best available hotels in the area
- Professionally guided tour
- Transport to & from hotel
- Hobart City
- MONA Art museum and ferry
- Port Arthur and Tasman Peninsula Day Tour
- Bruny Island Day Tour and Cruise
- Salamanca Markets (Saturday)
Our Hobart package includes the following:
- Return private transfers from Hobart Airport to accommodation.
- 3 nights accommodation in Hobart ( choose from Standard or Premium)
- Full day Port Arthur Tour and surrounds
- Full day Bruny Island Cruise and Tour
Hobart is humming – it’s Tasmania’s lively capital that retains an old town salty-air feel. This slower pace, once the chuckle of Australian city counterparts, has now become an endearing drawcard. Boutique hotels are filled to the brim and visitors are flocking to this harbour-side city in numbers not seen. What’s all the fuss? It’s probably because you can have early morning sand between your toes, wander city streets, head to a mountain summit and be back in time for cocktails on the waterfront. This compact capital is a liveable city. A vibrant city. A place where people still say hello – their relaxed pace now on trend in a busy world.
Experience the powerful sense of Australia’s past convict era and of the early settlement heritage that the Port Arthur Historic Site evokes. Sitting tranquilly amidst English oaks and gardens, it is a harsh contrast to the beauty of the Tasman Peninsula.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
Arrival in Hobart. Experience MONA.
On arrival at the Hobart airport you will be picked up transferred by to your accommodation. In the afternoon, catch the MONA ferry from Hobart Waterfront to MONA art Museum.
Described by its owner David Walsh as a “subversive adult Disneyland”, MONA is Australia's largest private museum and one of the most controversial private collections of modern art and antiquities in the world. This unique and provocative art collection will leave a lasting impression with visitors as they explore 3 floors of subterranean architecture, art pieces, and exhibits.
Mona Foma, Tasmania, Australia. This 3.5 ha site includes the Source restaurant, a function centre, Moorilla winery and vineyard, a cellar door, wine bar, cinema, library, and accommodation pavilions (and Moo Brew, an off site brewery).
Port Arthur and Tasman Peninsula
Experience the powerful sense of Australia's past convict era and of the early settlement heritage that the Port Arthur Historic Site evokes. Sitting tranquilly amidst English oaks and gardens, it is a harsh contrast to the beauty of the Tasman Peninsula.
Your tour starts in Hobart travelling across the Tasman Bridge, through Eaglehawk Neck, onto the Tasman Peninsula. Wonder at the spectacle of Tasman Arch and the magnitude of Devils Kitchen and enjoy superb views of the rugged coastline. Take a guided walking tour of Port Arthur with access to over 30 ruins and restored buildings.
Bruny Island Cruise - Full Day Tour
Take a full day tour from Hobart and spend a day on Bruny Island including guided return bus tour, three hour cruise, morning tea and lunch.
Robert Pennicott's multi-award winning wilderness and wildlife cruise takes you along Bruny Island's rugged coast beneath some of Australia's highest sea cliffs to enter deep sea caves and join in the search for wildlife such as seals, dolphins and birds of prey. The custom built boats are ideal for viewing the spectacular coastline and wildlife with covered open-aired seating providing an excellent all round view and connection with the environment.
Day 4: Depart Hobart
Wander around Hobart and Salamanca before we will transport you back to Hobart airport for your departure.
More about this tour
Valid from 01 APRIL 2019 to 31 MARCH 2020
- Packages are fixed and cannot be amended.
- Additional nights available at regular tariffed rates.
- All bookings are on request.
- Tours do not operate on Christmas Day and some tours may not operate on Public Holidays.
- For individual service details and conditions, please refer to the tariff.
Rates and Taxes:
- Rates include 10% GST (Goods and Services Tax) and are quoted in Australian Dollars (AUD).
- Rates are per room per package.
- Rates may increase without notice due to changes in, or imposition of government charges, taxes or levies.
- For further details refer to the Info Section on the tariff.
- Child: 3-11 years inclusive - child rates apply.
- A fee of 50% of the total cost will be charged for bookings cancelled 7 days or less prior to travel.
- Vouchers are included in this package at no additional cost.