- Tour Information
- Tour Plan
- Image Gallery
- Information and Conditions
- Similar Tours
- Accommodation in twin share or double room
- Beautifully illustrated souvenir map
- Breakfast included
- Drinks & Meals on Tours
- Entry to museums and activities as part of the itinerary
- Expert guided tours of important places and activities
- First class or best available hotels in the area
- Professionally guided tour
- Transport to & from hotel
Melbourne • Great Ocean Road • Twelve Apostles • Lorne • Apollo Bay
- Return seat in coach airport transfers
- 3 nights accommodation in central Melbourne (Choose from Standard, Premium or Luxury)
- Half day Magnificent Melbourne Tour
- Full day Great Ocean Road and Twelve Apostles Tour
There is something for everyone in Melbourne. As you fly in, you will be struck by the contrast between the downtown city high rise buildings, the blue stretch of Port Phillip Bay and the surrounding countryside that stretches in every direction.
Whether you are into dining, fashion, arts, culture or history Melbourne will tick all the boxes, and you don’t need to drive far before finding yourself in stunning nature and wilderness. Melbourne is a cultured city with wide streets and boulevards, and trams (streetcars) that are an efficient mode of public transport.
A well defined river frontage and docklands precinct, street cafes, excellent shopping and friendly, interesting people make it well worth including in your Australian Trip of a Lifetime. It is a city of contrasts, showing you the locals at work and play.
Great Ocean Road
Wildlife, scenery, and dramatic coastline, the Great Ocean Road has it all. The Great Ocean Road today is one of the major attractions from Melbourne and includes the Cape Otway National Park rainforest and wildlife experience with the coastal scenery of Loch Ard Gorge, London Arch and the Twelve Apostles. When you see the Twelve Apostles standing out in the surf, you appreciate the power of the ocean to carve away the land. The giant pillars of sandstone are all that is left after the water eroded the coast into arches. A must-see.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
Arrival in Melbourne
On arrival at Melbourne airport you will be transferred by coach to your Melbourne accommodation.
The rest of the day is at your leisure.
Magnificent Melbourne Day Trip
An AAT Kings coach will pick you up from your hotel for your transfer to the corner of Flinders and Russell Street at Federation Square, the departure point of your tour. At 8.15am join your coach to commence a morning tour of Melbourne.
View examples of Melbourne architectural splendour including St. Pauls Cathedral and the Princess and Regent Theatres. See the Royal Exhibition Buildings and Federation Square, and stroll around Melbourne's Royal Botanic Gardens. View the Fitzroy Gardens and see Captain Cook's Cottage (entry at own expense). See the bustling Queen Victoria Market and Albert Park, home to the Australian Grand Prix, visit the Shrine of Remembrance and see the Southbank waterfront precinct. Cross the Bolte Bridge for great city views.
Tour concludes at approximately 11.45am at Federation Square.
The afternoon is at your leisure.
Great Ocean Road and Twelve Apostles
We will pick you up from your hotel for your transfer to the corner of Flinders and Russell Street at Federation Square, the departure point of your tour. At 8.00am join your coach to commence a full day tour to the Great Ocean Road.
View the popular coastal township of Lorne, a surfer's haven, and see many fern filled gullies and river inlets on your journey. There is a stop for lunch at Apollo Bay (own expense). Travel the length of the Great Ocean Road passing towering limestone cliffs, sweeping white beaches and stunning forest scenery. Witness a fabulous spectacle of massive natural erosion. View the amazing Twelve Apostles - limestone stacks rising dramatically from the Southern Ocean and visit the Information Centre.
Walk along the boardwalk enjoying the scenery from various viewing platforms. See Loch Ard Gorge and be swept away by the romantic and tragic story of love and lives lost aboard the Loch Ard. Explore Port Campbell National Park and discover the tragic history of over 50 ships wrecked along the rugged coastline. Continue beyond Port Campbell to the remnants of London Bridge before commencing the return journey to Melbourne.
Tour concludes at approximately 8.00pm, at which time hotel drop offs will commence.
Shuttle will transport you back to Melbourne airport for your departure.
More about this tour
Valid from 01 APRIL 2019 to 31 MARCH 2020
- Packages are fixed and cannot be amended.
- Additional nights available at regular tariffed rates.
- All bookings are on request.
- Tours do not operate on Christmas Day and some tours may not operate on Public Holidays.
- For individual service details and conditions, please refer to the tariff.
Rates and Taxes:
- Rates include 10% GST (Goods and Services Tax) and are quoted in Australian Dollars (AUD).
- Rates are per room per package.
- Rates may increase without notice due to changes in, or imposition of government charges, taxes or levies.
- For further details refer to the Info Section on the tariff.
- Child: 3-11 years inclusive - child rates apply.
- A fee of 50% of the total cost will be charged for bookings cancelled 7 days or less prior to travel.
- Vouchers are included in this package at no additional cost.