- Tour Information
- Tour Plan
- Image Gallery
- Information and Conditions
- Similar Tours
- Accommodation in twin share or double room
- Beautifully illustrated souvenir map
- Breakfast included
- Drinks & Meals on Tours
- Entry to museums and activities as part of the itinerary
- Expert guided tours of important places and activities
- First class or best available hotels in the area
- Professionally guided tour
- Transport to & from hotel
- Cairns City
- Ocean Spirit full day Cruise on Great Barrier Reef
- One Introductory Dive
- Mossman Gorge
- Daintree Rainforest
- Cape Tribulation
- Helicopter ride over the reef
- One Outer Barrier Reef Cruise
Our Reef and Rainforest Package includes:
- Return coach airport transfers
- 2 days of premium boat tours on the reef (with lunch and snacks)
- 3 nights accommodation
Cairns is the 4th most popular destination for international visitors. It is situated on a coastal strip between the Atherton Tableland (part of the Great Dividing Range) and the Coral Sea.
Cairns is a major gateway to the Great Barrier Reef. It is the departure point for many day trips to the Atherton Tableland, Kuranda and the Daintree Tropical Rainforest. Flying into Cairns, one is struck by the lush tropical vegetation contrasting with the bright blue of the Coral Sea.There is a wide range of hotels in Cairns, both in the city itself, and along the northern beaches heading to Port Douglas.
The Great Barrier Reef
The Great Barrier Reef is the world’s largest feature made up of living organisms. Stretching 2,600 kilometres (1,600 miles) down the north east coast of Queensland, Australia, the Great Barrier Reef can be seen clearly from outer space.
Consisting of more than 900 islands and 2,900 individual reefs, it cannot be experienced by strapping on a mask, snorkel and fins and taking a casual swim from the beach.
The Daintree Rainforest has some of the most beautiful birds and the largest crocodiles you will ever see. The Daintree Rainforest is the oldest tropical rainforest on earth, and is the home of one of the oldest Aboriginal cultures. It is a World Heritage Protected eco destination, and can be visited by any number of day trips from Cairns or Port Douglas.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
Arrival in Cairns
On arrival in Cairns airport you will be transferred by coach transfer to your Cairns accommodation by Trip Shuttle, operated by Exemplar Coaches. The rest of the day is at your leisure.
Ocean Spirit Cruises on the Reef
A cruise representative will pick you up from your hotel for your transfer to Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal to check in for your cruise at the Great Adventures counter. At 8.00am, board your Ocean Spirit vessel at Marlin Marina Cairns to commence a full day cruise to Michaelmas Cay.
Travel aboard a 32 metre luxury sailing catamaran to Michaelmas Cay, which is a picturesque vegetated Sand Cay encircled by a superb fringing reef. The Cay is a National Park and a protected sanctuary for migratory seabirds. Lunch is included. Enjoy four hours on the Reef where you can choose from a range of activities including snorkelling, semi-submersible tours and guided beach walks. One introductory dive is included. Cruise concludes at approximately 5.00pm, at which time hotel drop offs will commence
Outer Great Barrier Reef Cruise
Board at 7:30 and travel by high speed luxury vessel to enjoy five hours of snorkelling at two outer Great Barrier Reef locations. Enjoy a guided snorkelling tour with snorkel equipment and flotation devices included, full use of the indoor and outdoor facilities onboard, and a 10 minute scenic helicopter flight with Nautilus Aviation. Lunch is included. Cruise concludes at approximately 4.30pm at Cairns Marina.
Mossman Gorge, Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation
Your naturalist guide will meet you at your accommodation and after introductions, drive north along the scenic route to Mossman. Lush farmland contrasts with seascape as you approach the majestic Daintree River.
It is time for a short morning tea break then its 'all aboard' for an informative river cruise. Relax and enjoy the splendour only the Daintree can offer as you learn of Estuarine Crocodiles, mangrove forests and wildlife. This is nature at its best! Ascend the Alexandra Range and pause for a panoramic view of the World Heritage Tropical Rainforest merging with the azure colours of the Coral Sea. Experience the rainforest intimately on an elevated National Park Boardwalk. Accurate interpretations of flora and fauna will be given with ample time for photographs and questions as you search for the elusive, rare and totally unique Southern Cassowary and other wildlife species within this particular habitat.
A delicious barbecue lunch with freshly prepared salads (dietary requirements catered for with prior notice) is served while you have the opportunity to hand feed a kangaroo and enjoy a cold drink from the bar (own cost). Travel beyond Cape Tribulation along the 7kms of the 4WD Bloomfield Track to pristine Emmagen Creek and take time for a refreshing rainforest fresh water swim. Seek fish and turtles in the creek, butterflies and exotic birds in the trees and indulge in a taste testing of tropical fruit, a cup of traditional Billy Tea and damper.
At Cape Tribulation Beach there is time to stroll along the beach and boardwalk to the photographers' platform overlooking the mountains and coast where the 'Rainforest meets the Reef' (no swimming at Cape Tribulation Beach due to dangerous hazards). Cross the Daintree River by cable ferry and begin your homeward journey somewhat wiser for your 'Total Rainforest Experience'.
This morning Trip Shuttle will transport you back to Cairns airport for your departure.
More about this tour
Valid from 01 APRIL 2019 to 31 MARCH 2020
- Packages are fixed and cannot be amended.
- Additional nights available at regular tariffed rates.
- All bookings are on request.
- Tours do not operate on Christmas Day and some tours may not operate on Public Holidays.
- For individual service details and conditions, please refer to the tariff.
Rates and Taxes:
- Rates include 10% GST (Goods and Services Tax) and are quoted in Australian Dollars (AUD).
- Rates are per room per package.
- Rates may increase without notice due to changes in, or imposition of government charges, taxes or levies.
- For further details refer to the Info Section on the tariff.
- Child: 3-11 years inclusive - child rates apply.
- A fee of 50% of the total cost will be charged for bookings cancelled 7 days or less prior to travel.
- Vouchers are included in this package at no additional cost.